Friday, June 15, 2007

16 days until departure!







The far away family and friends have been asking for a way to know what adventures I have had, and am having as Miss Poulsbo 2007.

It seems so strange to me that all I am doing would be of interest, but I will admit... being Miss Poulsbo has been a great adventure with plenty to tell.

The day I became Miss Poulsbo I graduated from Western Washington University and by the look on my face, you can tell how overwhelmed I was. In fact someone once said, "She looks like she swallowed a fly." And that is about how I felt.

The process began that night. I started substitute teaching two days later and set to work on my appearances the very next day. My pageant little sister Molly and her mother were at my very first appearance which was at the beautiful Kiana Lodge for a fundraiser for Martha and Mary.Molly and me just after the momment I was crowned!


I will never get used to the unending support this community continues to extend to me. People have given of themselves and their time to be a part of this process with me.

The arrival ceremony for Miss Washington is in 16 days at the Tacoma Sheraton. We have a week of rehearsals and appearances and then the competition is on July 6th and 7th at the Pantageous Theatre in Tacoma. If you'd like to see the other young ladies who are competing visit the Miss Washington Website at http://www.missamerica4kids.org/m.aspx?i=116264BFD43E14&e=364155

What does my pageant preparation consist of for Miss Washington? I am working on current events, I had my first of three mock interviews this past Wednesday, I am working out with a trainer who is literally working my tail off, volunteering with my platform and beyond, fundraising for Children's Miracle Network, and then of course preparing a wardrobe and an overall "look" for my return to Miss Washington.

If you are interested in finding out more about the partnership with Children's Miracle Network and my fundraising efforts, visit my website at http://www.missamerica4kids.org/m.aspx?i=116264BFD43E14&e=364155 .

I was in the local newspaper on July 13th you can read that article at http://www.northkitsapherald.com/ . There are so many events that I have already missed writing about, but I plan to get some photos and tidbits posted.

I have already had the chance to learn and grow so much, what an opportunity this has been.
Hope you enjoy reading, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Blessings, Alex Duchemin

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah! I am so glad to see all your pictures and to know all the great things you are doing as Miss Poulsbo. All my love as you train, prepare and refine your skills.