Wednesday, June 20, 2007

And the new Miss Missouri 2007 is....

On June 10th at an "oh so ugly hour of the morning," Megan, Michele and I headed off to Mexico, Missouri.

Michele my director was judging the Miss Missouri's Outstanding Teen Program so Megan and I went along for the ride.

The gist of the 4 day adventure was something I never thought I would ever say, "I was pageanted out." :)

We attended the teen program in the afternoon and then headed to the Miss program at night. We got lucky and the weather was, "cool" and did not exceed 90 degrees. I have no idea how the contestants stayed so lovely through the entire program. The "gymtorium" at the Mexico Military Academy was not air conditioned. And even with my battery operated fan, disguised as a pink "razor" cell phone I was more than toasty. Makeup remained in solid form, and hair was at it's fullest despite the humidity and heat.

We watched the new Miss Missouri 2007 Lindsay Casmaer and the new Miss Missouri's Outstanding Teen 2007 Mary Bauer be crowned and it was exhilarating. I will admit I had picked Lindsay as my favorite from the first time I saw her on the website and Megan (Miss Kitsap can vouch for that). She had to hear about all the reasons why I loved Lindsay all week long. And then... she WON! :) I felt like I won myself.

I got to meet some of Lindsay's family and even got my photo taken with her. The Miss Missouri crew was wonderful, including Kay Lea the Miss Missouri's Outstanding Teen Executive Director who welcomed us with open arms, and of course gave some fabulous insight and advice.

I even got to perform my talent during the teen program. What practice. Thank you Kay Lea for making a space in your program lineup for me.

Overall the week was priceless, I got to know my counterpart - Megan Hornbuckle Miss Kitsap 2007 - even better. We have been friends for almost 10 years with some year apart as we pursued lives beyond Kitsap but we were destined to experience this together and I am lucky to have found a friend in Megan.

On a side note I saw fireflies for the first time! And we discovered Sonic (the burger joint). I couldn't get enough of their strawberry limeade! We also hit up Dillard’s before we headed to the airport and found some incredible steals. Let's just say my wardrobe about tripled!
We had a wonderful time, and is usual on one of these "pageant adventures" I learned a lot about myself.

Here are some photos for your perusal. Enjoy and let me know your thoughts, Alex Duchemin

** Can you guess how many outfits Megan and I wore while in Missouri? **



The teammates at Miss Missouri 2007 in Mexico, Missouri!
Night 2 of the Miss pageant. I got labeled the "lady in red" by Miss Missori 2005's Dad! :)

Night 3 of the Miss Pageant - told you there were many outfits involved. :) We got to meet Danielle a Children's Miracle Child with Children's Miracle Network and hear her story. She was a "little sister" at the program this year and brought me to tears multiple times.

After Night 2. We loved "The Sonic" and here I am posing after a long day of "pageanting" with the menu, we ate here multiple times and the folks at Sonic thought we were a bit crazy.


Parade Day (4) - With Jack one of the teen judges from New York!



Lindsay Casmaer - As Miss River City 2007 with her little sister in the parade, just hourse before she was selected Miss Missouri 2007.


Intermission on Night 4 - The Final night!


Us with Miss Missouri 2006 and Miss Arkansas 2006 - Just after the show.
They were the "Dream Girls."

Here we are with Lindsay after the show. Congrats and thank you for spending some of your time with us.

Megan and me with Mary Bauer - Miss Missouri's Outstanding Teen 2007. Congrats Mary!


Signing off. Look forward to hearing from you. Alex

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I still can't believe I am the only one that seems to be using this website and commenting. You need to get the word out. It is really great to see all your adventures. I of course love the pictures too. When will you have some of the aquatics program?

Alex "Duchemin" Jacobson said...

Hopefully after tomorrow.

We swim (Papa and Honey are coming) and I will take some shots.

Also visit www.nkaaweb.com for more info about the program!
Lovey, Al