Friday, June 15, 2007

The Calendar of Events thus far...

What does Miss Poulsbo do?

From March 24th until today July 15th...

March 24th - Crowned Miss Poulsbo 2007 http://www.misspoulsbomisskitsap.org/
Brenna Gardner-Brown Miss Poulsbo 2006 crowned me and Molly joined in.

Go "Team Lemmon and Lime!"
What a night. I made $6,000 in scholarships.
$5,000 for winning Miss Poulsbo
and 5 seperate $200 scholarships.
Living the Platform, Ruby Watland Community Service, Academic, Best Interview, and People's Choice!







March 25 - The day after I was crowned we had our first appearnace. Megan Hornbuckle, Miss Kitsap 2007 and a dear friend and I headed off to a Martha and Mary Auction and Luncheon where we got to meet Cisco and get some great gardening tips.






March 28 - meet with director to discuss game plan

March 31 and April 1 - Two days of Sweeper pageants where the last four girls are heading to state were selected.













Miss Columbia - Tina Faulkner
Miss Ranier - Roby Southard (my roommate while at state)
Miss Olympic - Sarah Starr
Miss Cascade - Angelica Lewis

April 6 - Host the Miss Kitsap Fair and Stampede Interview Workshop and volunteer training

April 11 - Chamber of Commerce Luncheon and clothes fitting








*** This was a highlight because it was my first official appearance in the Norwegian bunad. Here I am pictured heading to the luncheon holding my dog Ipa! ***







April 12 - Molly and I watched the first runner up to Miss Poulsbo - Erin Bartlett - and Holly Wasson in the Princess and the Pea.
April 14 - Miss Kitsap Fair and Stampede program. I got to perform my talent and see a dear friend compete. Well done ladies!

April 20 - Children's Miracle Network Luncheon and Fashion Show with the Port Ludlow Guild.

















April 21 - Rotary Garage Sale where Megan and I served Hot dogs from 1-4





April 21 - Bainbridge Island Wildlife Auction where I have never seen more money raised in one sitting and certainly never had to work harder. 5-10pm






April 21- Aaron Wasson's birthday where Megan and I appeared as Bond Girls 10pm-12am
April 24 - I turned 23 years old!

April 26 - My second voice lesson

April 26- Official Crown Photos taken by Hudson's in Bremerton!


















April 27th - Miss Viking Fest pageant where Whitney Gleeb was selected. My pageant little sister Molly wore her bunad, that matches mine, for the first time. We look like sisters for sure! :) We were chaperoned by Amanda and her daughter Anna and had declicious food at Red Robin afterwards!

April 28th - Lion's Fishing Derby with Molly 10-Noon
April 28th - Rotary Auction 6pm-Midnight

This was one of the most meaningful events we have done. They raised over $30,000 in one bidding frenzy alone for scholarships for NK High School Students. They raised over $90,000 and Hugh and Brenda purchased Megan and I for an appearance for $1,000 and this was matched by another donor as well!






May 1 - I bought my first home this past month and May 1st was move in day!

May 3 - Volunteer Orientation in Seattle
May 3 - Train my initial group of volunteers for North Kitsap Adapted Aquatics. For more information about the program I started here in Kitsap County visit http://www.nkaaweb.com/ .

May 4 - Lion's White Cane Days - fundraising at Central Market
May 4 - 6 Spring Forum where I met all the other contestants and performed my Vocal Performance of "All for You" from Seussical the Musical or the first time!

May 9 - Chamber of Commerce Luncheon
May 9 - Receive the "Key to the City" from Mayor Quade at the City Council Meeting

May 11 - My sister graduated from her Alaska Airlines Training Program! Congrats Toni.

May 12 - Sequim Irrigation Parade with Molly and Megan. We saw Mrs. Porter with the Daffodil Queens. (She is Momma WA 2005 - The mother of Allison Porter Miss Washington 2005)

May 14 - Meet with Sharon Rosengreen a past Miss Washington for a makeup consultation

May 17 - Lion's Club meeting
May 17 - After Hours at Viking Bank
** I got to perform my talent at both events! **

May 18 - Rotary with Jack Archer
Jack and Karen have been incredible supporters of me since before I became Miss Poulsbo. Jack helped me get a program at the Poulsbo Rotary when I was just a contestant and since then has continued to support me and help make this process extra special. Thank you Karen and Jack!
May 18 - Arrival Ceremony for Viking Fest were I met two families who wanted to get involved with North Kitsap Adapted Aquatics! I also got to see the newly remodeled, and soon to be opened, Marine Science Center. The Mayor, Miss Viking Fest court, and I got to cut the "Grand Opening Ribbon"!

May 19 - Lion's Club Pancake Breakfast where Molly and I made and served pancakes to hundreds of hungry festival goers.
May 19 - Armed Forces Day Parade in Bremerton
May 19 - Viking Fest Parade
May 19 - Viking Fest Fireworks Show
May 24 - Volunteer Training in Seattle

May 25 - Another voice lesson!
May 26 - Car Wash to raise money for our trip to "Mizzourah"

May 27 - Miss Washington Outstanding Teen Pageant
Stephanie Range MWOT 2006 crowned the new MWOT 2007 Genay Tucker from Greater Vancouver. Congrats Genay! You will be incredible at Nationals in Orlando, Florida!

May 29 - Fitness Assessment with Personal Trainer - GREAT NEWS!

May 30 - Tuberculosis Test 1 for Volunteer Work
June 1 and 2 - Trip to Bellingham
June 2 - Mobility Project Gala Event - Auction

June 4 - Volunteer work in the Therapy Pool

June 5 - Voice lesson

June 6-10 Miss Missouri Pageant and Miss Missouri Outstanding Teen Pageant
Congrats Mary Bauer Miss Missouri's Outstanding Teen 2007 and Miss Missouri 2007 Lindsay Casmaer


June 11 - Tuberculosis Test 2 for Volunteer work
June 11 - Interview with North Kitsap Herald
June 11 - Volunteer in the Therapy Pool
June 11 - Fitting
June 12 - Voice Lesson
June 12 - Training Sesson with Personal Trainer

June 13 - Tuberculosis Test 2 for volunteer work
June 13 - Mock Interview #1

June 14 - Week One with new participants at North Kitsap Adapted Aquatics!

June 15 - Vinland Elementary Family Field Day with Little Sister Molly.
(More photos to come! :) )
Thank you for viewing!
Alex Duchemin

No comments: