Monday, July 2, 2007

Monday Morning at Miss Washington 2007

July 2, 207
7:15am

Well, here I am with time to write. You may ask, “How is there time to bog?” Well this morning is unique since I woke up, for the first shower, to NO water pressure. It was promised in 10-15 minutes; so when it hadn’t “arrived” I called down again and now they have promised 30min.

This would not usually be such a problematic thing for me, but last night we were told that we are NOT “to look like ragamuffins at rehearsal” because the video-grapher, photographer, and press will be there. J

Therefore, the twenty-two young ladies will be in a bit of a tizzy as they realize there is not water.

I will you a bit more about some of the details, while I have the time. Working out was ruled out last night. I decided this time around that I would use weights and an exercise ball in the hallway for the necessary workout regime and save myself an hour or more of sleep. The gals who are working out had to meet at 5:50 to go to the YMCA around the corner and were not returning until nearly 7:30. I decided that the bad might outweigh the good for me if I took that option.

In rehearsal we received our shoes and earrings for the opening number and I got lucky. My shoes fit fairly well and the earrings are lovely. Debbie who has choreography is incredible, and will make each and every contestant, including me, successful on the nights of competition.

The water has returned to the pipes of the Sheraton and I need to read my Bible but before I go I wanted to share the daily Bible verse that was texted to my phone this morning. It was a great reminder that this is all in God’s hands!

“For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven.”
Ecclesiastes 3:1

God is Good. Blessings, Alex

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to here you were able to get in a shower this morning. I thought the Miss Washington committee had decided on new tactics, going for a more "natural" look for the contestants. Hope to see more pics of all your adventures. Sending all my love, Bethany