Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Outback and Boat-ride

Day 3 – Tuesday
11:18 pm
We each have our own makeup area with lights and name plaque!

This site is incredible.

Today was so incredibly laid back. After our viewing of the Pantageous and running thru the dance a couple of times we headed back to the hotel and got ready for our evening outing.


We headed out to The Outback and had an incredible meal that was complimentary! I of course had a salad, the best “baby green beans” I have ever had, and a delicious house salad. Strawberry lemonade and coffee too!


Then the boat trip. This even is really for the girls. One big “photo opt.” and a chance to just be girls. So much of our time here is spent “being on” that this event is our opportunity to be more ourselves.


Captain Mark and his "right hand woman".



Henry our Photographer in his Miss Washington Golf Tournament hat with Captain Ron b rother to Captain Mark.


I spent some wonderful time up on the bow of the boat taking pictures, evidenced below, and so delightful reading time with Tina Faulkner – Miss Columbia and Sarah Starr – Miss Olympic underneath the boat.

Much of this week is dependent upon reading. Between current events, your favorite Miss America (whom I am reading about now – mine is Heather Whitestone, Miss America 1995), information about the state platform (Educational Service District 113) and the national platform Children’s Miracle Network there is much to know.

The reading seems to be never ending. Sarah and I discovered that we both are book worms and would read under the covers as little girls with our flashlights so that our mothers would not send us to sleep. I love that I was not the only little girl doing this. Sarah is an incredible young woman she is a Second Lieutenant in the Army and will serve in Iraq next fall.
Alex Duchemin Miss Poulsbo 2007, previously Miss Whatcom County 2005;


Tina Faulkner Miss Columbia 2007 previously Miss Whatcom County 2004;


Alli McComas Miss Whatcom County 2007



Each young woman here is so unique. I have been thoroughly impressed with the caliber of the ladies here. The volunteers are so generous of the time and energies and we couldn’t ask for a more complete “Class of 2007”. I consider myself lucky, no blessed!

Blessings, Alex




Megan and I are so lucky to have each othere here while at state. We have become dear friends and I have learned so much from her. Meg, Thank you for making this experience all the more special and relaxing. I treasure your friendship.




.

No comments: